To comment on LinkedIn:
- any trainer or facilitator working with a group on topics like network-building, career management or leadership
- any coach, mentor, manager or friend helping an individual get along in their career
- anyone at all who wants to take charge of their future
If this includes you, we’d love to hear from you. We’d love to know what possibilities this creates for you. We are assuming this is a useful and valuable offer but we want to hear from you about that. Please read the ideas below and then leave us a comment below, or on our new Facebook group or on our new LinkedIn group. How can we make this work best for you?
We are proposing to make our tools freely available for others to use. The reasons for this decision are set out in a post on Medium.
What we will be offering to you
- Our Personal Boardroom planning tool will be open for anyone to use.
- We will make the language less specific to people employed in large organisations.
- You will be able to buy packs of Personal Boardroom cards from us.
What we will be asking in return
We’re doing this because we feel it is time to adopt a more generous and inclusive approach to our work. For a longer article about why, click here.
In return, we ask those who use our stuff to share the Personal Boardroom with people who could benefit from it. We ask especially that you pass it on to people who aren’t overloaded with good development tools — to young people, people who aren’t in work, to the self-employed. If you can do that in a face-to-face conversation, so much the better.
We will still need to cover the costs of hosting the online tool, and of course our own time. We have established ourselves as the originators of the Personal Boardroom, and hope that we will still be sought after as experts, to give talks and run workshops. We trust that people will still want to pay us to do this. We won’t give talks for free; instead we’ll make it as easy as possible for you to run your own sessions and workshops.
To stay up to date with developments please join us our LinkedIn group.