We update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information We Collect
In providing our services to you or the company that employs you, we may collect the following information:
- name and job title and other details about your career
- contact information including email address
- information about the people in your Personal Boardroom, that you supply to us
- other information relevant to client requirements for the purpose of delivering our services
In running and maintaining our website, the applications that run upon it and the applications you can download to a smartphone we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site and applications including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data
- Information provided voluntarily by you; for example, when you register for information
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means
Cookies provide information regarding the computer used by a visitor. (A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. )
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in. You may withdraw your consent to receive such information at any time. At no time will we provide your data to third parties for their marketing activities.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website and associated applications it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
We may use your data in an anonymised form, as part of a larger dataset or as a single case example. In either of these cases, we will take every step necessary to make sure that you will not be identifiable, nor will any members of your Personal Boardroom.
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Third Party Links
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. (Note that we use an opt in policy, so you will never be contacted for marketing purposes unless you choose to)
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Personal Boardroom Ltd, Ashcombe Court, Woolsack Way, Goldalming, Surrey GU7 1LQ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us, or write to us, as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.